Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cameron Highlands - Day 1

2010 started with me packing my bags to somewhere too.. ok, it was only 2 nights away to somewhere nearby, but anything requiring more than 3 sets of clothing and different pairs of shoes still excites me. So cameron highlands, here I come.

one setback though. I was struck with the flu. It started out with me sleeping the whole way up since I can't do much driving anyway as I would probably cough, sniff and sneeze all the way and spreading my virus. reached the Cameron Highlands Resort (http://www.cameronhighlandsresort.com/), customary checked-in, freshen up and start hotel exploration.

               
Cameron Highlands Resort' Front entrance                                                                  Nice pond with koi fishes




since I felt slightly better after the snooze, signed up for the complimentary "Jim Thompson Mystery Trail".
The walk is available 10am and 3pm daily except Sundays which only have one slot at 3pm.
So do register at reception earlier and remember to wear proper shoes as there are small streams and muddy patches that you will cross. It was a nice and educational walk, as our guide was there to explain the various plants, the do's and don't to survive in a jungle and the mystery of Jim Thompson's dissapearance.













No comments:

Post a Comment